Burnt Island Ventures
Posted on Saturday, December 3, 2022
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to help on the deal side, navigating significant uncertainty, ramping up a steep learning curve quickly, helping us refine our thesis around key deals, and supporting current portfolio companies in the 12 weeks that they’re with us.
- Assist Partners in the initial assessment of incoming deal flow
- Refine assessments of potential investments, from market sizing to competitive analyses.
- Work with Partners to develop preliminary and final due diligence documents.
- Assist with the support & assistance of portfolio companies.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a 1-3 year professional track record of nailing everything that has been put in front of them to the wall.
- Is fun, interested, and interesting, and learns fast.
- Reads a lot & writes well.
- Is a good judge of character.
- Ideally has an understanding of how to describe a company’s potential trajectory through numbers (but we don’t need an excel jockey - familiarity with Excel/Sheets is fine).
- Can refine the hell out of processes.
Bonus points if you have:
- Previous experience analysing startups.
- Research experience in startups.
- Previous experience in water.
- Relevant ops knowledge (Zapier, Airtable, Squarespace, basic coding).
- A great sense of humour.
Burnt Island Ventures is an equal opportunity employer.