Business Development Representative
About Citylitics Inc.
Citylitics delivers predictive intelligence on local utility & public infrastructure markets
What is Infrastructure? It is the roadways you rely on to safely get to Grandma's house, it's the potable water that comes out of your kitchen tap that you wash your family's food with and it's the energy that heats our homes and powers our digital lifestyles.
Every year, trillions of dollars are spent on all areas of infrastructure to maintain our quality life and move our economy forward. However, our infrastructure is no longer equipped to meet the needs of the future. We hear about infrastructure failures, whether bridge collapses, power blackouts, or water main breaks, every day in the news. Climate change and extreme weather events are disrupting the basic infrastructure we took for granted for years.
Citylitics is solving the hardest data problems in infrastructure while building the market & opportunity intelligence platform that enables a faster, more transparent, and more efficient infrastructure marketplace. We turn millions of unstructured documents into high value intelligence feeds and datasets that are available on an intuitive user experience. Our goal is to enable solution providers to connect with cities with relevant infrastructure needs in a faster and more digital way than historic market channels. As more companies adopt our platform, cities & utilities will be able to access solutions that deliver on the promise of moving towards a more resilient, sustainable, and equitable infrastructure future.
Who Are We Looking For?
We are seeking a Business Development Representative to support our Account Executives on the front side of our Sales Process. This is a dynamic sales role operating where you will be targeting infrastructure businesses seeking big data solutions to bolster their strategic sales & marketing efforts. You will be responsible for the front-end of the sales process; heavy cold calling and emailing is required as well as responding to inbound leads to tee up Discovery Meetings with Account Executives. We’re looking for a numbers-driven high performer who is a quick learner, hard worker, with a passion for selling.
The position will be out of our Austin, Milwaukee, Toronto Headquarters.
What Will You Accomplish? / How You Will Make An Immediate Impact:
- Conduct cold calls and email campaigns to generate leads from target lists.
- Strategic research to identify & pre-qualify prospects.
- Generate daily and weekly sales reports and stats on Citylitics's CRM (Hubspot).
- Tailor email pitch & leverage existing collateral to pique interest of potential buyers.
- Respond to inbound leads in a prompt way to generate Discovery meetings.
- Develop and execute on prospect targeting campaigns.
- Collaborate with Sales & Marketing teams to ensure effective messaging to appropriate sectors/prospects .
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be numbers-driven and detail oriented.
- A keen understanding of Cold Strategy and the numbers that drive it.
- Interest in data business and subscription based selling models.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to follow a standard approach to selling to maximize efficiency and results.
- Confident, assertive, great attitude, strong organizational skills, and a self-starter.
- Opportunity to work for one of the top 15 innovative analytics startups in Canada revolutionizing data intelligence.
- This is a rare opportunity to influence positive change within one of the biggest societal challenges of our generation (infrastructure - from water to transport to energy and more).
- Be a part of a scale up company with no corporate bureaucracy here. You will accomplish more here in a few months than what you would in a few years at a large, entrenched technology company.
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits with an emphasis on mental health
- Annual Learning and Development Budget and Plans
- Flexible hours and work-from-wherever you are with the option to work in our downtown office if interested!
- Competitive salary and equity incentives to give you a stake in our future
- We work hard. We play hard. From virtual trivia to exploring the food scene around our office, we like to get together!
Citylitics is an equal opportunity employer. We are passionate about providing a safe workplace where everyone is accepted and has the opportunity to grow with us. We are committed to making diversity and inclusivity part of our culture!