Status: Accepting applications until March 1, 2023
ABOUT IMAGINE H2O
Imagine H2O is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization for entrepreneurs building transformative solutions for the future of water. The organization’s water innovation programs provide startups with the resources, insight, and visibility to launch and scale water solutions. By partnering with industry and policy experts and a global network of customers and investors, Imagine H2O has become a proven path to market for emerging water technology businesses. Since 2009, Imagine H2O has supported 190+ startups who have deployed their solutions in 50+ countries and have raised more than $1B in investment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Imagine H2O is looking for an organized, detail-oriented and highly motivated self-starter with exceptional writing and communication skills to join our team as Portfolio Associate. The Portfolio Associate will work directly with the Senior Portfolio Innovation Manager and the broader team to support Portfolio, Imagine H2O’s network of 196 program alumni.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Portfolio Platform Design & Operations
- Design & Planning: Collaborate with the Senior Portfolio Innovation Manager to develop the portfolio initiative design, roadmap, and execution strategy
- Stakeholder Engagement: Engage with portfolio companies to understand perspective and needs to co-create a curated support strategy, as well as to interact with investors, tech adopters and industry sponsors
- Community Building: Lead and manage Portfolio community activities, such as Slack engagement, Portfolio email campaigns. and Portfolio thematic innovation sprints, including Imagine H2O Deep Dives
- Resource Development: Build and manage the Portfolio Resource Hub including curriculum and other resources relevant to company growth, and manage the Imagine H2O Water Tech Job Board
- Events: Lead coordination and logistics of in person events at climate and water sector events, as well as webinars
Portfolio Tracking & KPIs
- Data Tracking & Management: Maintain IH2O’s Portfolio database tracking key growth metrics and industry performance indicators such as investments and exits to integrate into the annual impact report
- KPI Tracking: Support development of Portfolio KPIs to track impact and success of the Portfolio initiatives
Cross-functional Initiatives and Other Functions
- Marketing & Communications: Coordinate with team on marketing communications related to Portfolio to amplify portfolio companies’ successes to IH2O’s network and the broader climate community, including newsletter, website and social media content generation
- Program Sourcing & Intake: Support IH2O’s efforts to find the most innovative entrepreneurs in water through sourcing efforts and evaluation processes
- Ecosystem Activation: Help manage a pipeline of potential partners and supporters, and engage partnering corporations, philanthropic donors, and government partners with oversight from the senior manager
- Software Management: Support management of software platforms (e.g. CRM) and collaborate with other team members to identify opportunities to improve data quality and analysis processes
- Flexibility: Be willing and open to taking on a wide variety of additional tasks and responsibilities related to assisting our portfolio companies, improving internal operations, and growing the Imagine H2O brand
- Candidates should have an interest in water and/or climate innovation along with the flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment with a lean team
- Candidates must demonstrate, through training and experience, strong business development and relationship management skills and a willingness to accept and take on new challenges
- Qualified applicants must be self-directed, well organized, and focused yet flexible when faced with ambiguity or changing priorities
- Comfortable working with datasets and analysis in Excel
- A technical, finance and/or sustainability background, including a degree in a related field and/or familiarity with water technologies
- The ideal candidates will demonstrate attention to detail, initiative, flexibility, and an ability to juggle multiple priorities successfully
- Interest or experience in engaging a virtual community
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant professional experience is preferred
BENEFITS & LOCATION
- This is a full-time position. The salary range for this role is $65,000- $80,000, commensurate with experience. Full benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave.
- The position is fully remote. However, Imagine H2O has team members in Northern and Southern California, Nevada, Montana, Arizona, and New York.
HOW TO APPLY
- Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include the words “Portfolio Associate” in the subject line.
- This position is available immediately. Or until the position is filled.