Status: Accepting applications until March 1, 2023
ABOUT IMAGINE H2O
Imagine H2O is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization for entrepreneurs building transformative solutions for the future of water. The organization’s water innovation programs provide startups with the resources, insight, and visibility to launch and scale water solutions. By partnering with industry and policy experts and a global network of customers and investors, Imagine H2O has become a proven path to market for emerging water technology businesses. Since 2009, Imagine H2O has supported 190+ startups who have deployed their solutions in 50+ countries and have raised more than $1B in investment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Imagine H2O is looking for an organized, detail-oriented and highly motivated self-starter with exceptional writing and communication skills to join our team as a Program Associate. The associate will work directly with Imagine H2O’s Senior Manager, Innovation & Financing to manage an evolving portfolio of technology pilot projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Program Planning: Implement operational processes of Imagine H2O’s pilot programs, including our forthcoming Coastal Challenge and Water Innovation Pilot Fund, to deliver a best in class experience for participants
- Project Sourcing & Evaluation: Work internally with portfolio team to develop pilot projects, as well as source and evaluate external water and climate startups and technology solutions for our programs
- Project Management: Organize regular project status meetings with entrepreneurs and relevant stakeholders to track project milestones
- Data Management & Analysis: Collect, maintain and analyze pilot databases and project impact tracking to report on cohort performance
- Marketing: Plan and manage the design, content creation, and production of all programmatic marketing materials, including liasoning with communications associate on monthly newsletters, website updates, and social media
- Reporting: Develop written pilot progress updates and quarterly stakeholder reports for donors and partners
- Communications: Ensure clear and effective communications channels between program stakeholders
- Event Coordination: Coordinate in-person and virtual program events including webinars, demo days, panels, etc.
Cross-functional Initiatives and Other Functions
- Startup Discovery & Engagement: Support Imagine H2O’s efforts to find the most innovative entrepreneurs in water and climate through fielding inbound interest, conducting sector research, and analyzing startup pipeline
- Program Intake: Assist the accelerator and pilot sourcing intake process from preparations to final selection, including software system management, applicant communications, and evaluation preparations, and participating in group decision-making processes
- Software Management: Support management of software platforms (e.g. CRM) and collaborate with other team members to identify opportunities to improve data quality and analysis processes
- Flexibility: Be willing and open to taking on a wide variety of additional tasks and responsibilities related to assisting our portfolio companies, improving internal operations, and growing the Imagine H2O brand
- Candidates should have an interest in water and/or climate innovation along with the flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment with a lean team.
- Candidates must demonstrate, through training and experience, strong business development and relationship management skills and a willingness to accept and take on new challenges.
- Qualified applicants must be self-directed, well organized, and focused yet flexible when faced with ambiguity or changing priorities.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills, with the ability to clearly articulate data insights and narratives. Comfortable working with datasets in Excel, including data analysis and visualization. Proficient in writing technical reports, data summaries, or proposals that effectively communicate complex information in an understandable manner.
- A technical, financial, and/or, sustainability background, including a degree in a related field, and/or familiarity with water or climate technologies.
- The ideal candidates will demonstrate attention to detail, initiative, flexibility, and an ability to juggle multiple priorities successfully.
- Relevant professional experience (including internships) or coursework is preferred.
BENEFITS & LOCATION
- This is a full-time position. The salary range for this role is $65,000- $80,000, commensurate with experience. Full benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave.
- The position is fully remote. However, Imagine H2O has team members in Northern and Southern California, Nevada, Montana, Arizona, and New York.
HOW TO APPLY
- Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include the words “Program Associate” in the subject line.
- This position is available immediately. Or until the position is filled.