CFO/Director of Finance
InPipe Energy is looking for a motivated, strategic minded and energetic person to join our team as Director of Finance. The Director of Finance role will be critically important as the Company grows, as a senior member of the executive team responsible for strategic and deal analysis as well as finance, treasury, risk management, and many aspects of investor relations and fundraising.
The Company is a growth stage company which has deployed three successful commercial demonstrations of its technology and is gearing up for a more widescale rollout. We are commercializing the HydroXS, an energy recovery system that generates renewable energy from new and existing water pipeline infrastructure. The product is delivered as a turnkey, end-to-end and easy-to-deploy solution that controls water pressure precisely while also producing carbon-free electricity. It does this with economics which are very cost-effective, made more so domestically by the technology’s inclusion in the incentive programs of the recently passed Inflation Reduction Act.
A third-party Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) report from Boundless Impact concluded that InPipe Energy outperforms all distributed clean power alternatives using commonly applied social/environmental impact metrics. Full deployment of InPipe’s technology at the global scale could save 1.75 gigatonnes of CO2e per year, equivalent to avoiding driving 4,300 billion miles. While the position is fundamentally about financial results, a passion for the non-financial impact of our technology is fundamental to fitting within our culture.
Responsibilities The Director of Finance will report to the Chief Executive Officer and be responsible for all aspects of fiscal analysis, management, planning, budgeting, forecasting, reporting and bookkeeping, and she or he will serve as the company’s controller and financial conscience. The person in this role will be a creative problem-solver who can proactively build and iterate the analysis and systems we need and be equally skilled at high-level strategy and day-to-day operations.
The Director of Finance will work closely with the CEO and the team to scale the business in the US and overseas.
InPipe Energy is looking for a motivated, strategic minded and energetic person to join our team as Director of Finance. The CFO/Director of Finance role will be critically important as the Company grows, as a senior member of the executive team responsible for strategic and deal analysis as well as finance, treasury, risk management, and many aspects of investor relations and fundraising.incentives and understanding of state contractor requirements.
· Support CEO with venture fund raising activities, banking relationships and board communications. Support the formation and administration of affiliates organized to facilitate international sales or operations.
· Own the development and day-to-day operations of all aspects of InPipe’s financials; month-end closing process, billing, financial statements, general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, tax compliance, revenue recognition, monitoring and reporting cash balances, cash flow forecasting, and various special analyses.
· Prepare clear, timely, and user-friendly financial reports and cash flow projections to assist in our ability to make effective corporate decisions. Initiate and manage the practice of audited financial statements.
· Develop and facilitate the annual budgeting and monthly tracking process to support leadership in decision making.
· Oversee processes and reconcile payroll including monthly and quarterly commission accruals, statements and payments.
· Oversee, and maintain employee benefits.
· Ensure all insurance policies are appropriate and up to date.
· Monitor status and ensure compliance with financial regulations, including timely filing of required statements with the IRS and relevant state, federal, and international agencies, working with our auditors and tax accountants to manage timely filing and audit processes.
Requirements: This job is for you if you’re a strategic, flexible, creative financial leader who can be a thought-partner and thrives working both independently and collaboratively. A hunger to help shape decisions via data-driven analysis, of both finance and climate impact, is essential, and you should love to manage systems that produce accurate, timely data and analysis for management and key constituencies.
- 6-10+ years of increasing responsibility in finance at a cleantech venture-backed start-up
- Knowledge of accounting, budgeting, cash management, and corporate tax as they relate to project finance and construction
- 4+ years of experience developing/implementing corporate financial processes, particularly in the context of cleantech, project finance, government contracting and/or construction
- Self-starter who is capable of driving business results in the face of ambiguity, and a proven ability to identify and drive impactful financial outcomes
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and build strong working relationships with key leaders
- Outstanding verbal, written text, and presentation communication skills
- Previous experience in or proven desire to work in mission-driven, cleantech environment
· Bachelor's Degree, Master’s Degree preferred
We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening.
- Competitive Salary
- Equity in a growing company competitively positioned to benefit from the tailwinds or the energy transition as well as energy and water security.
- Benefits: Health, Dental, 401(k) Benefits
At InPipe Energy we strive to create an inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive and be their authentic selves every day. We do not tolerate discrimination based on race, skin color, ancestry, national origins, gender, gender-identity, trans-gender status, disability status, or age of any kind. As we grow, we will seek opportunities to do projects in persistently low-income and racially/ethnically segregated communities; ensure fair consideration to build, operate and maintain our product; and select component suppliers or service organizations with anti-racism policies.