Electrician Engineering Technician
Want to change the world in your own way? Join an ambitious team with the same goal: to make the oceans a sustainable source of fresh water? This job opportunity is for you!
Who we are
Oneka Technologies is a growing Sherbrooke-based company, with operations in Florida and Chile, dedicated to making the oceans a sustainable, accessible and affordable source of fresh water.
On a day-to-day basis, Oneka is a team of some forty passionate people, working in fields as varied as mechanical engineering, electronics, marketing, operations management and water desalination. With us, no day is the same, and challenges come in droves! Looking for a stimulating challenge, in a team with plenty of it? This is the place for you!
Your role as an Electrical Engineering Technician at Oneka
In collaboration with the mechanical designers and the engineering team, the technician is responsible for the assembly, manufacturing and quality testing of sub-assemblies and final assembly of Oneka buoys, as well as assisting and supporting the innovation teams in the factory.
More specifically, here’s what your responsibilities at Oneka would look like:
- Design, maintain and improve the electrical department’s assembly tables
- Anticipate and optimize existing shortcomings and improve assembly methodology;
- Participate in the assembly, collection and recording of data for the innovation department (Hands-on);
- Monitor inventories and work with purchasing for electronic systems;
- Ensure compatibility between the various equipment required;
- Ensure compliance with plant standards and regulations;
- Assist designers in selecting electrical and electronic components;
- Provide basic electrical training (good practice) for production employees;
- Investigate multi-layer printed circuit board (PCB) problems as required;
- Any other responsibilities related to the position of Electrical Engineering Technician, and which will help ensure the quality of our buoys.
Our working environment and your future conditions of employment :
- Job based in Sherbrooke, in the company of passionate people;
- Dedicated, hard-working and dynamic team;
- Stimulating and positive environment, where every day is different, and where responsibilities are many and varied;
- Group insurance paid 100% by Oneka, for you and your family;
- Four weeks’ vacation per year, so you can enjoy what you love outside of work;
- Eligibility for the team member stock option program.
Ready for the challenge? Here’s what you need to be on your X in our team.
You belong at Oneka if you have :
- A desire to make a lasting impact on the future of the planet;
- A degree in electrical engineering or other relevant field;
- Factory experience in electrical and electronic system assembly;
- Knowledge of multilayer printed circuit boards (PCB) and schematic reading;
- Knowledge of data acquisition systems and data sensors;
- Ability to take initiative and propose ideas;
- Ability to identify and solve problems;
- Thoroughness and attention to detail;
- A good dose of commitment, empathy and creativity.
It’s a little extra if you also have these assets in your pocket:
- Fluency in English (as we operate in a bilingual environment);
- Basic knowledge of Altium and Autocad design software;
- Basic knowledge of health and safety in the field.
Ready to take up the challenge? Send us your application and tell us what motivates you to join our team!