Customer Data Analyst
Reporting to: Lead Technical Operations Account Manager
Location: NI / Hybrid / Remote (with frequent travel)
Our products solve problems for water companies and the industry in the real world. They are critical to the environment, economy, and daily life. We use data, analytics, machine learning, and AI to deliver insights to water networks and assets through SAAS and cloud-based services. Our team is expanding to improve our existing products, grow our customer base, and increase revenue.
About the role:
The world’s wastewater utilities are undergoing a digital transformation. This involves deployment of large amounts of sensors to provide more information about sewer networks, pumping stations and wastewater treatment works. The insights generated are used to:
- reduce pollution and sewer flooding events
- help optimise existing infrastructure
- improve operational efficiency
Over the last 5 years, StormHarvester has built a unique machine learning platform and process which is at the heart of everything we do. Once we secure a commercial contract, the next step is to onboard the client’s sensor network for wastewater network and assets.
The machine learning platform, or StormHarvester Toolset, takes data from both the client’s sensor networks and from hyperlocal rainfall forecast systems in order to make accurate predictions which are the key helping clients manage their businesses. These predictions are proven to be valuable to water utilities in helping issues to be identified before an escape has occurred. Issues might include early-forming blockages, flow restrictions, potential pump failures, and ingress and infiltration.
With this in mind, we want to recruit an individual to manage this onboarding process and to use the overall StormHarvester AI Toolset data to help the water utility to manage their network assets.
Machine learning expertise is not required for this role, but excellent account management skills are a must. Above all we are looking for someone with interest in learning about both the water industry and what technology can do to digitise the sector.
This is a key role with plenty of opportunity for career progression
- Client management / engagement
- Client sensor network onboarding
- Improvement of machine learning parameters for identified wastewater network assets using the StormHarvester Toolset
- Management of client alerting process
- Client reporting
- Internal reporting
- Ticket management
- Management of StormHarvester SLAs
- Input into StormHarvester Toolset innovation
This position requires critical thinking, data analysis, a solution-oriented approach, and development of understanding of what a ‘good fit’ for data looks like for wastewater networks and assets.
To do the role effectively, you will need:
- Operations experience in a technical environment
- Demonstrable analytical capabilities
- Ability to interpret graphs with respect to actual versus desired behaviours
- Solution-oriented problem solving mindset
- Excellent communicator, verbal and written
- Familiarity with Microsoft: Excel, Powerpoint, Teams and Word
- Native/professional English with strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Analytical skillset
- Critical thinking
- Able to interpret graphs with respect to actual versus desired behaviours
- Solution-oriented, problem-solving mindset
- Willingness to engage and work with others as part of a team with shared direction
- Strong work ethic with an understanding that this is a start-up with lots of opportunities to make improvements
- Passionate about work, output and quality
- STEM Degree or 3+ years of equivalent experience
- Water industry or water utility domain experience
- Experience in data analysis
- Use of business analytical tools
- Able to create macros/make use of data analysis tools
- Experience of customer engagement
- Experience of working in technical teams
- Project management experience
- Driving licence (due to frequent travel)