COATINGS OR CATALYST ENGINEER/SCIENTIST
Aclarity is looking for a catalyst or coatings engineer/scientist to execute experiments needed by the product development and research and innovation (R&I) teams. This role will report to the Chief Science Officer.
Aclarity Water is a leading provider of advanced industrial water treatment solutions. Our cutting-edge technology utilizes a proprietary electrochemical process to effectively break down contaminants, with a particular focus on addressing per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS). By partnering with treatment facilities, municipalities, landfills, and other organizations, Aclarity aims to tackle large-scale and cost-prohibitive water challenges upstream. Our goal is to ensure the destruction of contaminants, enabling the production of clean, safe water.
This position requires someone who is able to work with limited supervision while maintaining aggressive testing goals. A good ability to interface with other engineering disciplines and outside companies in a constructive professional manner is also required.
The coatings/catalyst engineer/scientist will work with Chief Science Officer and other senior leadership to develop research plans for creation and testing of new electrode materials. Once the research plans are in place, they will be responsible for developing new electrodes, creating an experimental plan and conducting said experiments, collecting and analyzing data, and maintaining cleanliness of equipment and lab.
The candidate is expected to be a highly motivated individual, self-starter, with very good organization, technical, and communication skills, including excellent oral and written communication with demonstrated experience with report writing and presentations. The candidate needs to be able to work independently with little direct oversight. The “ideal” candidate will come from laboratory or engineering background. The candidate shall be open-minded and willing to learn, grow, and align with the company’s core values.
Job Type: Full-time
Company: Aclarity, Inc. – The Leading PFAS Destruction Company
- May oversee junior staff, interns, or university-based partners. May advise other team members across multiple functions.
- Develop research plans to evaluate different catalysts or coatings for electrochemical reactors.
- Work with outside vendors to create prototypes of electrodes for laboratory-scale testing.
- Conduct experiments to evaluate new electrode materials and compare results to existing benchmarks.
- Work with vendors to scale up new electrode materials to full-scale electrodes.
- Share in responsibility of proper use and maintenance of all tools and electromechanical equipment
- Develop and track standardized test procedures.
- Conduct tests following operating procedures and collect data for tests not limited to product development tests, research and development tests, and customer bench testing.
- Coordinate allocation and track use of equipment with engineering and R&D teams.
- Coordinate shipping/transit of samples, inventory and equipment.
- Log Environmental Health & Safety incidents.
- Responsibility for cleanliness and organization of the lab space.
- Develop, adhere to, and enforce safety procedures.
Required Skills And Abilities:
- Solve problems creatively and quickly when design challenges or malfunctions occur.
- Comfortable making decisions or judgements with ambiguous data/information
- Ability to perform statistical analyses on data sets.
- Familiarity with physical and chemical analyses of coatings and surfaces (SEM, FTIR, XRD, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including report writing and presentations.
- Willing to travel.
- Attention to detail, great observation skills.
- Safety conscious.
- Adaptable and analytical.
- Great organizational skills.
Education And Experience:
- Masters of Science or PhD degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Nanotechnology, or equivalent experience
- Experience with laboratory experimentation and equipment
- Previous work with catalysts and coatings
Regularly required to walk, stand, sit, talk, hear, lift or roll objects; operate objects, tools, controls, and testing equipment, collect samples in an industrial setting. Work to be performed in a lab environment and field sites (indoors and outdoors). Proper safety protocols must be followed.
A compensation, benefits, and share options package will be commensurate with the candidates experience and capacity to execute.
This position is located in Mansfield, MA, with eventual relocation to Medway, MA
Please send cover letter, resume, and list of references to email@example.com for consideration to this position. This application will remain open until filled. For more information about the company visit us at www.aclaritywater.com
Aclarity, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.