Head of North America Sales (Ag-tech industry)
We are a team of innovators who are accelerating the digitization and sustainability of our planet’s food system. At Arable, you will have the unique opportunity to build something meaningful with an amazing group of people who care about each other and their work.
What We Do:
At Arable, our goal is to connect all the world’s farms to help optimize the global food system. This is an ambitious goal, but the need has never been greater to rethink how we will feed an ever-growing population and reduce our impact on natural resources. We believe the heart of the solution is digitizing the analog world with high-fidelity data to help food producers optimize their operations. We hope the impact of our work will improve the lives of farmers everywhere and be a major contribution to securing the global food supply for decades to come.
A few examples of the work we’re doing today:
- Helping farmers around the world reduce pesticide usage through advanced data and analytic techniques
- Giving produce growers in California the tools to optimize yields and minimize waste
- Helping irrigated farmers in Nebraska manage water more efficiently and sustainably to protect our water supply.
What we are looking for:
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to join our company as the Head of North American Sales. As the Head of North American Sales, you will be responsible for driving revenue growth and leading our sales efforts within the agricultural input sector. We are a fast-growing company with a fluid and ever-changing culture, and we are looking for someone who is independent, out of the box, and has the ability to change with the company.
- Lead and mentor a high-performing sales team, fostering a culture of excellence, collaboration, and continuous improvement. Manage a small team and act as a player coach by carrying your own sales quota.
- Proven track record of effectively selling to or establishing partnerships with leading ag-input companies, including industry giants such as Bayer, BASF, Corteva, Syngenta, and FMC
- Foster strong relationships with key decision-makers and stakeholders in targeted organizations.
- Develop and grow those relationships through effective communication and understanding of customer needs.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including marketing, product development, and customer service, to ensure a seamless customer experience and alignment of sales efforts.
- Continuously monitor market trends, competitor activities, and customer feedback to identify new business opportunities and adapt sales strategies accordingly.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring to the sales team, fostering a high-performance culture and driving individual and team success.
- Develop and maintain accurate sales forecasts, sales reports, and other relevant sales performance metrics.
- Extensive knowledge of the agricultural input sector, including a deep understanding of the sales dynamics within Ag- input companies such as: Bayer, BASF, Corteva, Syngenta, and FMC.
- Proven experience as a sales leader with a strong track record of developing and managing accounts across multiple regions.
- Previous experience working in an agtech start-up would be highly beneficial, showcasing your ability to successfully adapt and thrive in a fluid and ever-changing culture.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet or exceed sales targets and successfully carry a sales quota, showcasing your effectiveness in driving the growth of the company's sales revenue.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders at various levels of an organization.
- Strong leadership and team management capabilities, with the ability to motivate and inspire a sales team to achieve targets and deliver exceptional results.
- Strategic mindset and the ability to think critically and analytically to drive sales growth and identify new business opportunities.
- Demonstrated tenacity and gravitas in working with Big Ag companies and markets, showcasing your ability to navigate and succeed in complex business environments.
- Ability to work independently, think out of the box, and adapt to the evolving needs of the company.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time. Primarily Domestically with some International Travel.
- Some international experience is preferred to effectively navigate global markets and leverage international opportunities.
- We are looking for candidates who are based in the Domestic US, with either the ability to those residing in the SF Bay Area or able to travel too.
If you are a driven sales leader with a deep understanding of the agricultural input industry, experience in both large input companies and agtech start-ups and a successful track record in global account development, we would love to hear from you. Join our team and play a pivotal role in driving sales and market expansion within the North American agricultural input sector.
What we offer:
At Arable, you will be joining a company of dedicated team players who bring together diverse expertise and a passion for building a more sustainable future. You’ll find no shortage of lively conversation around the lunch table about the food we eat and how it is produced. We are a fast-moving startup committed to providing a rewarding employee experience through the work we do, the team, compensation, and benefits, including:
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and a 401k program
- Ability to work closely with customers who are hungry for our product and where we can make a positive impact on their livelihood and the world
- A focus on community involvement and career development
- We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
At Arable, we don't just accept difference—we celebrate and support it. Not only because it's the right thing to do but because we draw on the differences in who we are, what we've experienced, and how we think to make Arable thrive. Arable is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and is an affirmative-action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.