Director Product Manager - Agronomy
We are a team of innovators who are accelerating the digitization and sustainability of our planet’s food system. At Arable, you will have the unique opportunity to build something meaningful with an amazing group of people who care about each other and their work.
What We Do:
At Arable, our goal is to connect all the world’s farms to help optimize the global food system. This is an ambitious goal, but the need has never been greater to rethink how we will feed an ever-growing population and reduce our impact on natural resources. We believe the heart of the solution is digitizing the analog world with high-fidelity data to help food producers optimize their operations. We hope the impact of our work will improve the lives of farmers everywhere and be a major contribution to securing the global food supply for decades to come.
A few examples of the work we’re doing today:
- Helping farmers around the world reduce pesticide usage through advanced data and analytic techniques
- Giving produce growers in California the tools to optimize yields and minimize waste
- Helping irrigated farmers in Nebraska manage water more efficiently and sustainably to protect our water supply.
What we are looking for:
The Senior Product Manager - Agronomy is responsible for leading product management efforts within the agronomy sector. This role will focus on understanding the needs of our customers in the agronomy field, driving product creation and delivery of high-value agronomy solutions to our customers. This individual will work closely with customers, cross-functional teams, and stakeholders to ensure successful product development, launches and market adoption.
- Customer Engagement: Engage with customers, partners, and stakeholders to understand their needs, pain points, and desired outcomes.
- Product Planning: Prioritize product features and enhancements based on customer feedback and business objectives.
- Product Development: Work closely with the engineering, design, and data teams to translate customer requirements into user stories and functional specifications.
- Product Launch: Coordinate with sales, marketing and customer support teams to ensure they are well-informed and equipped to promote and support the new product releases.
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Engage with external partners, vendors, and industry experts to ensure alignment and collaboration on shared objectives.
- Market Analysis: Monitor the competitive landscape, industry trends, and technological advancements in the agronomy sector.
- Product Performance Metrics: Use data-driven insights to inform product decisions and future iterations.
- 5 -10 years of Product Management experience, with a focus on agronomy or agricultural products.
- Strong understanding of the agronomy sector, including market dynamics, customer needs, and technology trends.
- Proven track record of successfully developing, launching and managing products.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams and with external partners.
- Proficient in product management software tools and methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Agronomy, Agricultural Sciences or related field. Master’s degree desired.
- 3+ years of on-site farming operations experience.
- This position can be remote but preferred to be within 1-2 hours of the California PST time zone to allow efficient meeting participation.
- This position will require travel to meet with customers, attend industry events, or visit field sites.
What we offer:
At Arable, you will be joining a company of dedicated team players who bring together diverse expertise and a passion for building a more sustainable future. You’ll find no shortage of lively conversation around the lunch table about the food we eat and how it is produced. We are a fast-moving startup committed to providing a rewarding employee experience through the work we do, the team, compensation, and benefits, including:
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and a 401k program
- Ability to work closely with customers who are hungry for our product and where we can make a positive impact on their livelihood and the world
- A focus on community involvement and career development
- We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
At Arable, we don't just accept difference—we celebrate and support it. Not only because it's the right thing to do but because we draw on the differences in who we are, what we've experienced, and how we think to make Arable thrive. Arable is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and is an affirmative-action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.