Head of Sustainability Partnerships & Business Development
We are a team of innovators who are accelerating the digitization and sustainability of our planet’s food system. At Arable, you will have the unique opportunity to build something meaningful with an amazing group of people who care about each other and their work.
What we do:
At Arable, our goal is to connect all the world’s farms to help optimize the global food system. This is an ambitious goal, but the need has never been greater to rethink how we will feed an ever-growing population and reduce our impact on natural resources. We believe the heart of the solution is digitizing the analog world with high-fidelity data to help food producers optimize their operations. We hope the impact of our work will improve the lives of farmers everywhere and be a major contribution to securing the global food supply for decades to come.
A few examples of the work we’re doing today:
- Helping farmers in India and Mozambique adapt to the effects of climate change on their farms with novel data-driven crop insurance
- Giving produce growers in California the tools to optimize production and minimize waste
- Helping irrigated farms in Nebraska manage water more efficiently and sustainably to protect our water supply.
What You Will Do:
As the "Head of Sustainability Partnerships & Business Development” overseeing Government and Corporate accounts, you will be a key member of our dynamic team. You will be responsible for driving the conception, pitch, negotiation, and successful implementation of groundbreaking projects that harness Arable's capabilities. These projects will not only deliver substantial value on farms but also forge impactful partnerships across the entire food system, spanning governments, industry groups, and corporations.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Report directly to the Chief Business Officer, providing strategic input and aligning business development initiatives with overarching company goals.
- Develop and manage an extensive pipeline of projects and partnerships aligning with Arable's strategic priorities and innovative solutions.
- Formulate concepts and targeted value propositions aimed at enhancing sustainability and optimization within the food supply chain, engaging with executives and technologists in the food industry.
- Collaborate closely with Arable's Sales and Customer Success teams to identify and capitalize on new business and professional service opportunities with our customers.
- Write, submit, and manage the process surrounding project proposals and grants, ensuring a seamless and effective approach.
- Work in tandem with Arable leadership to accurately scope, resource, and actively pursue new growth opportunities.
- Travel up to 30% as part of project implementation and partnership development.
What You Bring:
- Over 6 years of experience in business development, management consulting, B2B sales, or other relevant capacities.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation-based communication skills.
- Ability to autonomously draft and negotiate commercial contracts.
- A data-driven problem solver capable of developing valuation models for new business opportunities.
- Previous experience in the agriculture and food system spaces.
- A passion for making a positive impact on the world.
- Strong ability to contribute effectively at all levels of company leadership.
- Proven experience as a people leader with strong mentorship skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30%.
- Experience in the agriculture industry, with a focus on promoting sustainability solutions to agribusinesses and food companies, demonstrating expertise in corporate sustainability, agribusiness practices, and environmental conservation.
- Previous experience in corporate sustainability teams within agricultural or food industries is a plus, showcasing a strong understanding of industry dynamics, decision-making processes, and the ability to build and leverage professional networks.
Join our team and be at the forefront of driving innovation and positive change in the agriculture and food industry. Your expertise will play a crucial role in shaping the future of Arable and the global food landscape.
What we offer:
At Arable you will be joining a company of dedicated team players who bring together diverse expertise and a passion for building a more sustainable future. We are a fast-moving startup committed to providing a rewarding employee experience through the work we do, the team, compensation, and benefits including:
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k program
- Flexible PTO
- A focus on community involvement and career development
- Being a part of creating innovative new products that have a positive impact on the world
At Arable, we don't just accept difference—we celebrate and support it. Not only because it's the right thing to do, but because we draw on the differences in who we are, what we've experienced, and how we think to make Arable thrive. Arable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
If you wish to request an accommodation due to a disability or a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates the vaccination, or you object to being vaccinated on the basis of sincerely held religious beliefs and practices, Arable will engage in a process to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be provided.