Food Scientist, Beverages - Boston
Bevi is on a mission to disrupt the beverage supply chain and replace single-use water bottles with smart water machines. Thousands of companies use Bevi to sustainably provide their employees with pure, sparkling, and flavored water at work. As the market leader in IoT-enabled beverage machines, we’ve raised over $160M in venture capital and we have grown tremendously each year since launch. In addition to maintaining hypergrowth with our current product line, Bevi is heavily investing in new product development.
Bevi is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Food Scientist, Beverages to join our Beverage team to manage critical beverage initiatives and develop new products. You will work with the beverage team, reporting to the Beverage Product Director, to convert high-level market strategies into finished concentrates that are used in Bevi’s high-tech dispensers. From initial benchtop concepts and refining formulas based on consumer feedback to finalizing successful products for production - you will be developing Bevi’s future beverage offerings. We are looking for a talented, dedicated, and passionate flavor scientist to join our mission of unbottling the future.
What you will do:
- Lead development of new beverage formulations based on ideas and concepts from market research using your expertise in food chemistry and food ingredient functionality
- Identify opportunities to improve our existing beverage products
- Create small batch prototype runs in-house from start to finish
- Translate concepts into formal specifications for use in supplier briefs or for manufacturing
- Partner externally to source ingredients and leverage vendor expertise in ingredient functionality
- Work closely with product management throughout the development process, including prototype sample creation, product testing, sensory analysis, and external production, representing the company as an expert
- Maintain documentation on formula development and feedback
- Provide technical risk assessment/perspectives related to new product development
- Work closely with the Quality team to ensure stability of products in development and production
- Design and execute experiments, and analyze and interpret data to make sound technical recommendations on product and process
- Owning the beverage lab including equipment maintenance and calibration, material inventory, sanitation, sample production, and more.
- Managing expectations of the development timelines for consideration during ideation and during the development process
- Prioritize multiple, and at times conflicting, project deliverables. Make recommendations as needed to ensure successful and flawless execution of assigned projects
- Lead the resolution of formula based challenges
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and best practices, and apply this knowledge to the product development process