Cloud to Street
Floodbase is changing the way businesses and communities adapt to increasing risk of climate change impacts from flooding. Last year, we launched a solution enabling re/insurers and public sector organizations to profitably design, underwrite, and monitor parametric flood insurance products, extending coverage to historically uninsurable locations and risks. Built on nearly a decade of industry-leading and peer-reviewed science, our proprietary solution continuously monitors flooding globally. Floodbase is backed by investors like Lowercarbon Capital, Collaborative Fund, and Floating Point, and trusted by NASA, The UN, Google, FEMA, AXA Climate, OneGlobal, African Risk Capacity, AgGuard, WTW, Lloyds, and more.
As we expand, we are seeking a Marketing Manager to join our marketing team. This highly visible and collaborative role will work closely across both technical and commercial teams, as well as with external partners. The ideal candidate is a marketing generalist excited to execute on a broad range of initiatives, eager to grow as a marketing professional, and motivated by the opportunity to have lasting impact at a startup pioneering new ways to adapt to climate change. The role is hybrid, requiring regular in-office presence in Brooklyn, NY, and will report to the Chief Product & Strategy Officer.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Plan and execute marketing initiatives across various channels including digital, social media, and industry partners (ABM);
- Collaborate closely with our commercial team, technical teams, and creative agencies to develop compelling and effective marketing material and campaigns.
- Update and refine messaging and copy to clearly explain and differentiate our product solutions in close collaboration with Product Marketing.
- Ensure Floodbase has a top-tier website by continuously improving design, content, and copy.
- Execute our PR strategy including drafting and distributing press releases, developing relationships with journalists, and effectively leveraging Floodbase’s PR agency.
- Develop and execute an events strategy in the US and internationally;
- Effectively plan and coordinate prioritized industry events.
- Coordinate in-person efforts at time of the event.
- Define, measure, and analyze performance goals for all marketing initiatives and share learnings with the wider commercial team.
- Champion client testimonials and success stories, identifying new opportunities to showcase client success leveraging our unique data to develop impactful content.
- Become the leading Floodbase brand champion, ensuring our brand promise and messaging pillars are amplified in all external content, and maintain our high standards for all customer touchpoints.
Who You Are
- You’re a doer; you’re comfortable discussing marketing strategy and ready to roll up your sleeves.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field (Master's degree is a plus) with 3-6 years of experience on a high-performing marketing team.
- Experience at a high-growth B2B data platform or Insurtech company is preferred.
- Strong analytical and project management skills with ability to effectively and independently plan, execute, and measure the success of campaigns, events, and other marketing activities.
- Proven experience in full-stack marketing, with a track record of successful campaign management for complex, technical products with clients across the globe.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Effective problem solver, eager to grow and share learnings with the wider team.
- Passion for climate-tech and commercializing climate adaptation solutions.
- Some experience with press relations is preferred.
- Some experience with Adobe Creative Suite is preferred.
Floodbase offers competitive salaries with regular reviews and adjustments based on performance and industry standards. The salary range for this role is commensurate with experience with an expected range of $75,000 - $105,000.