Research Lab Technician
Location: Boone, Iowa, In Person
Terms: Salaried – Exempt
Job Type: Full-time
Gross-Wen Technologies uses its patented revolving algal biofilm system (RAB), to cost-effectively and sustainably recover nutrients such as nitrogen and phosphorus from the environment. GWT is not afraid of failing in the pursuit of innovative and unorthodox solutions in the water, algae, and sustainability industries. We strive to have a company culture that is inviting and curating teamwork, honesty, and collaboration and promotes an enjoyable workplace. GWT displays grit in its aspirations for constant improvement.
GWT Core Values:
About the role:
As a Research Lab Technician at Gross-Wen Technologies, you will play a crucial role in supporting our research projects and ensuring the smooth operation of our laboratory. You will work closely with the Research Managers and other GWT Personnel, assisting with experiments, maintaining equipment, and contributing to the overall success of our research initiatives.
- Prepare and maintain laboratory equipment, ensuring all is in good working condition.
- Assist in setting up experiments, including the preparation of orders and gathering materials, set-up of experiments and maintaining on-going experiments.
- Maintain an organized and clean laboratory environment to ensure safety and efficiency.
Data Collection and Analysis:
- Collect and record data from experiments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist in data analysis using relevant software and tools.
- As a team, critically interpret the results and collectively prepare reports.
- Handle and manage the algae and water samples, following safety protocols and guidelines.
- Maintain a detailed record of sample inventory and storage conditions.
- Collaborate with team members on experimental design and project execution.
- Assist in the development of research protocols and methodologies.
Safety and Compliance:
- Adhere to all safety protocols, including the proper handling and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Maintain laboratory compliance with regulatory standards and ensure a safe working environment.
- Maintain detailed records of experiments, procedures, results and regulatory compliance.
- Contribute to the preparation of research reports and documentation for publication.
- Prior laboratory experience or coursework in a research setting is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in laboratory techniques and equipment operation.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to follow protocols and safety procedures rigorously.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new research methods and technologies.
- Experience in the wastewater or algae industry is a plus
Paid time off
This position offers a regularly scheduled Monday to Friday work week, with an 8-hour day shift. Position requires extended working hours and varied shifts with the possibility of weekend and holiday work, as required by projects.
Safety is a core value of GWT and as a condition of employment, all employees are expected to be mentally alert and work safely at all times. Additionally, employees are required to adhere to all safety warnings and posted safety signs whenever on company property. Furthermore, employees must follow all GWT and their customers’ safety rules and procedures. Effectiveness in carrying out this responsibility is part of the evaluation of each employee’s performance.