Who We Are
Oneka Technologies, a growing company from Sherbrooke, Canada, with operation sites in Florida and Chile, has the mission to make the oceans a sustainable, accessible and affordable source of fresh water. To achieve this, the Oneka team has developed a technology that produces potable water from desalination buoys powered exclusively by wave energy. This technology will enable coastal communities and industries to obtain fresh water produced in an environmentally friendly and economical manner.
The executive assistant will play an important role in supporting the CEO with administrative and executive support-related tasks. This includes maintaining their schedule and meetings, working on communications, helping in meeting obligations or commitments, working closely with other departments and helping manage the office. More specifically :
- Overseeing all incoming and outgoing communications, including emails, phone calls, reports, and internal correspondence;
- Filing important documents, such as reports, meeting notes, emails, and letters;
- Keeping the executive’s calendar up-to-date, including adding events, rescheduling appointments and providing daily briefings;
- Acting as the gatekeeper for internal and external contacts, including vendors, colleagues and clients;
- Planning and organizing events that take place externally, such as sporting tournaments, and appreciation events;
- Keeping important information and documents organized physically, and electronically.
Requirements & Desired Profile
- Desire to have a lasting impact on the planet;
- 5+ years experience in professional services environment as executive assistant or office manager;
- Ability to conduct research and create reports or presentations;
- Ease of working with various tools (Microsoft Office, apps, etc);
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Communication and interpersonal skills;
- Bilingual (French & English, written and spoken);
- Assets: bachelor’s degree or college diploma, experience in a legal or accounting firm.
Environment & Working Conditions
- Based in Sherbrooke, QC, Canada;
- Salary to be discussed & eligibility to the Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP);
- Paid group insurance including dental care;
- High growth and changing environment;
- Devoted and hard-working team;
- Diversified tasks.