Who We Are
Oneka Technologies, a growing company from Sherbrooke, Canada, with operation sites in Florida and Chile, has the mission to make the oceans a sustainable, accessible and affordable source of fresh water. To achieve this, the Oneka team has developed a technology that produces potable water from desalination buoys powered exclusively by wave energy. This technology will enable coastal communities and industries to obtain fresh water produced in an environmentally friendly and economical manner.
The buyer is responsible for purchases for production and for R&D. More specifically, the key responsibilities are:
- Researching and analyzing the offers of suppliers (price, quality, reliability);
- Negotiating the purchase of material and equipment (price, delivery time, volume discount, agreement, etc.)
- Issuing purchase orders and making purchases;
- Establishing lasting business relationships with selected suppliers;
- Controlling stock levels and determining purchasing needs;
- Setting up and implementing a production and inventory management system;
- Managing logistics operations and producing the required documentation;
- Performing other related tasks.
Requirements & Desired Profile
- Degree in business administration, procurement or related field;
- Experience as a Buyer or in a similar position;
- Bilingualism (French & English);
- Ability to pay attention to details;
- Project management and planning as well as priority setting skills;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Dedicated, creative and rigorous;
- Desire to have a lasting impact on the planet.
Environment & Working Conditions
- Based in Sherbrooke, QC, Canada;
- Salary to be discussed & eligibility to the Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP);
- Paid group insurance including dental care;
- Devoted and hard-working team;
- High-growth and changing environment.