Mechanical Engineer in System Design
Want to change the world in your own way? Would you like to join an ambitious team with the same goal: to make the oceans a sustainable source of fresh water for people all over the world? This job opportunity is for you!
Who we are
Oneka Technologies is a growing Sherbrooke-based company, with operations in Florida and Chile, dedicated to making the oceans a sustainable and affordable source of fresh water.
On a day-to-day basis, Oneka is a team of some forty enthusiasts, working in fields as varied as mechanical engineering, electronics, marketing, operations management and water desalination. With us, daily life is varied and exciting, and challenges come in droves! Looking for a stimulating challenge, in a team with plenty of it? This is the place for you!
Your role as a Mechanical Engineer at Oneka
As part of a growing design team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the design of various components of Oneka’s unique desalination systems. This includes structural, hydraulic and mechanical design under the supervision of engineers. In addition, he/she supports the assembly of the systems he/she has worked on, enabling rapid feedback on design choices.
Potential projects include:
- Power hydraulics;
- Energy recovery mechanism (PTO);
- Assembly and integration;
- Anchoring and marine systems.
More specifically, here’s what your responsibilities at Oneka would look like:
- Design product components for commercialization;
- Draw parts and assemblies;
- Determine dimensional and geometric tolerancing of assembly parts;
- Get involved in the assembly, manufacturing and testing of new parts and systems (Hands-on).
Our working environment and your future conditions of employment :
- Office based in Sherbrooke, in the company of passionate people;
- Dedicated, hard-working and dynamic team;
- Stimulating and positive environment, where every day is different, and where responsibilities are many and varied;
- Group insurance paid 100% by Oneka, for you and your family;
- Four weeks’ vacation per year, so you can enjoy the things you love outside work;
- Eligibility for the team member stock option program.
You belong at Oneka if you have :
- A desire to make a lasting impact on the future of the planet;
- Extensive experience and a keen interest in working with CAD (3D modeling and associated technical drawings);
- Rigor and experience in managing revisions;
- A diploma (DEC, AEC, Baccalauréat) in mechanics, or equivalent, or experience in the field;
- Excellent conceptual skills;
- A good dose of commitment, empathy and creativity.
It’s a plus if you also have these assets in your pocket:
- Fluency in English (as we operate in a bilingual environment), or Spanish;
- Knowledge of the marine environment;
- Workshop experience.
Ready to take up the challenge? Send us your application and tell us what motivates you to join our team!