Want to change the world in your own way? Would you like to join an ambitious team with the same goal: to make the oceans a sustainable source of fresh water for people all over the world? This job opportunity is for you!
** THE CHANCE TO STUDY PART-TIME FOR A DEC IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING, WHILE BEING PAID, FROM AUGUST 2023**.
Who we are
Oneka Technologies is a growing Sherbrooke-based company, with operations in Florida and Chile, dedicated to making the oceans a sustainable and affordable source of fresh water.
Our working environment and your future conditions of employment:
- Office based in Sherbrooke, in the company of passionate people;
- Dedicated, hard-working and dynamic team;
- Group insurance;
- Four weeks’ vacation per year, so you can enjoy what you love outside work.
Your role as a Workshop Technician
As a member of the manufacturing team, our technician is responsible for assembling our buoys mechanically, electrically and hydraulically in the plant, according to the procedures in place and the highest quality standards. You’ll take part in the assembly of our first Icebergs, a pivotal moment in our history!
Your main responsibilities :
- Assemble the sub-assemblies that make up an Oneka buoy;
- Make recommendations for continuous improvement of your workstation;
- Follow operational and quality procedures;
- Communicate intercepted irregularities to supervisor;
- Support the implementation of ideas leading to improved quality and performance;
- Participate in preventive maintenance work;
- Possibility of forklift driving depending on position.
You belong at Oneka if you have :
- A desire to make a lasting impact on the future of the planet;
- A vocational diploma (DEP) in mechanics or electricity or maintenance or welding and assembly, etc., or any other relevant certification for this role;
- Three years’ factory experience in assembly;
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and teamwork skills;
- Good manual dexterity and knowledge of imperial measurements;
- Interest in working in a fast-paced, ambitious and dynamic environment!
It’s an added bonus if you also have these assets in your pocket:
- Basic knowledge of health and safety in the field;
- Knowledge of and interest in hydraulic and electrical technologies.
Ready to take up the challenge? Send us your application and tell us what motivates you to join our team!