Senior Software Engineer
Want to change the world your way? Join an ambitious team with the same goal: to make the oceans a sustainable source of fresh water? Then this job is for you!
Who we are
Oneka Technologies is a growing Sherbrooke-based company, with operations in Florida, Nova Scotia and Chile, dedicated to making the oceans a sustainable, accessible and affordable source of fresh water.
On a day-to-day basis, Oneka is a team of some forty passionate individuals, working in fields as varied as mechanical engineering, electronics, marketing, operations management and water desalination. With us, no day is the same, and challenges come in droves! Looking for a stimulating challenge, in a team with plenty of it? This is the place for you!
Your role as a Senior Software Designer at Oneka
As a Senior Software Designer, your role is to support the company in the electronic instrumentation of buoys.
Through a multitude of varied and stimulating projects, your main mission will be to assist the team in the development of a telemetry data collection platform for the company’s IoT systems, but also to collaborate on all other projects related to software development!
More specifically, here’s what your responsibilities at Oneka would look like:
- Design, program and implement firmware for embedded systems and data collection software;
- Evaluate, analyze and optimize software architecture, ensuring seamless integration of firmware with backend and frontend solutions;Install, configure and manage remote servers, ensuring their communication with embedded systems and front-end applications;
- Analyze users’ technical requirements and design appropriate front-end interfaces for data display and analysis;
- Write technical documents, including reference reports on firmware, backend and frontend aspects;
- Implement cybersecurity practices at all levels, from IoT device data collection to secure transmission to servers;
- Perform proactive maintenance, debugging and continuous improvement of firmware, backend software and frontend interfaces;
- Complete system documentation, including maintenance and operating procedures for firmware, backend and frontend solutions;
- Any other tasks related to software design, depending on your strengths and interests!
Our working environment and your future conditions of employment :
- Office based in Sherbrooke, within a dynamic and creative team;
- A stimulating and positive environment, where every day is different, and where responsibilities are many and varied;
- Group insurance paid 100% by Oneka, for you and your family;
- Four weeks’ vacation per year, so you can enjoy what you love outside work;
- Eligibility for the team member stock option program.
Ready for the challenge? Here’s what you need to be on your X in our team.
You belong at Oneka if you have :
- A desire to make a lasting impact on the future of the planet;
- A bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering or a similar field;
- Two to three years’ experience in embedded software design and/or programming;
- An understanding of how relational, non-relational and temporal databases work.
- Experience in frontend and/or backend development;
- Experience in data analysis and processing;
- Ability to manage time and priorities in a fast-growing environment;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- A high degree of rigor and autonomy;
- A good dose of commitment, empathy and creativity.
It’s an added bonus if you also have these assets in your pocket:
- Knowledge of one of the cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP);
- Knowledge of modern and/or exotic programming languages (Go, Rust)
- Notions of data science. Knowledge of one of the following tools: PyTorch, TensorFlow, Numpy is a plus.
- Willingness to travel to our sites to see the scope of your work.
Ready to take up the challenge? Send us your application and tell us what motivates you to join our team!