Project Manager - Field Operation
Want to change the world in your own way? Would you like to join an ambitious team with the same goal: to make the oceans a sustainable source of fresh water for people all over the world? This job opportunity is for you!
Who we are
Oneka Technologies is a growing Sherbrooke-based company, with operations in Florida and Chile, dedicated to making the oceans a sustainable and affordable source of fresh water.
On a day-to-day basis, Oneka is a team of some forty enthusiasts, working in fields as varied as mechanical engineering, electronics, marketing, operations management and water desalination. With us, daily life is varied and exciting, and challenges come in droves! Looking for a stimulating challenge, in a team with plenty of it? This is the place for you!
Your role as a Project Manager
As part of a growing operation and field operation team, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting all activities relating to field operations thanks to his high capacity to handle priorities and to evolve in a fast paced environment, and assisting the COO in achieving his objectives, and in the start-up of our new test and offshore sites.
More specifically, here’s what your responsibilities at Oneka would look like:
- Manages complex projects from planning through delivery;
- Liaises between project members, cross-functional teams, external vendors, and other stakeholders to ensure deliverables, requirements, schedules, cost, and meeting plans are communicated. Utilizes appropriate tools to plan project timelines, tasks, milestones, and deadlines;
- Communicates schedule and changes to all stakeholders;
- Plans and facilitates project meetings to align the project team to methods and goals and to track project tasks;
- Prepares agendas, meeting notes, and project summaries;
- Monitors task completion status to identify at risk project tasks and to develop mitigation plans;
- Allocates resources, budgets, and hours to the project and adjusts allocations when necessary.
Our working environment and your future conditions of employment :
- Role based remotely or at our office of Dartmouth NS) or Sherbrooke (QC), in the company of passionate people;
- Dedicated, hard-working and dynamic team;
- Stimulating and positive environment, where every day is different, and where responsibilities are many and varied;
- Group insurance paid 100% by Oneka, for you and your family;
- Four weeks’ vacation per year, so you can enjoy the things you love outside work;
- Eligibility for the team member stock option program.
You belong at Oneka if you have :
- A desire to make a lasting impact on the future of the planet;
- Have a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or a certification in Project Management;
- At least 3 years experience in project management;
- Excellent communication, analysis and organization skills;
- The ability to travel for work (in that sense, a valid passport);
- A good dose of commitment, empathy and creativity.
It’s a plus if you also have these assets in your pocket:
- Fluency in French or Spanish (as we operate in a trilingual environment);
- Knowledge of the marine environment.
Ready to take up the challenge? Send us your application and tell us what motivates you to join our team!