Floating Structure and Mooring Specialist
Want to change the world in your own way? Would you like to join an ambitious team with the same goal: to make the oceans a sustainable source of fresh water for people all over the world? This job opportunity is for you : Oneka’s looking for an experienced Floating Structure and Mooring Specialist to contribute to our biggest ambitions ! Join the adventure !
Who we are
Onea Technologies is a growing Sherbrooke-based company, with operations in Nova Scotia, Florida and Chile, dedicated to making the oceans a sustainable and affordable source of fresh water.
On a day-to-day basis, Oneka is a team of some fifty enthusiasts, working in fields as varied as mechanical engineering, electronics, marketing, operations management and water desalination. With us, daily life is varied and exciting, and challenges come in droves! Looking for a stimulating challenge, in a team with plenty of it? This is the place for you!
Your Role as a Floating Structure and Mooring Specialist:
As a Floating Structure and Mooring Specialist, you will be at the forefront of developing the mooring and anchoring design for our buoys! Leveraging your expertise, you will design and develop mooring systems for wave-powered desalination buoys, overseeing their evaluation, optimization, creation and the execution of marine operations concerning mooring and anchoring.
Specifically, here are your main responsibilities:
- Evaluate product load case requirements for Oneka’s wave-powered desalination buoys and their mooring needs in collaboration with engineering teams;
- Design loads and conduct product design analyses;
- Develop mooring designs for Oneka’s wave-powered desalination buoys, from initial concept to detailed design, utilizing tools such as Proteus, DeepLines, and OrcaFlex;
- Assess the benefits and trade-offs of different moorings and anchoring systems concerning buoy configuration, site requirements, operational needs, and related aspects;
- Optimize anchoring and mooring arrangements for buoy arrays, specific deployment sites, limited footprints, and varying seafloor characteristics;
- Create new moorings, load reduction, and anchoring solutions for our desalination buoys;
- Develop and execute marine operations plans for anchoring and mooring system installation and use with the assistance of Project Managers;
- Support experimental, wave tank, and in-situ tests related to load case analysis and reduction, as well as anchoring and mooring design;
- Specify anchoring and mooring parts and equipment, validate and support supplier selection processes;
- Manage engagements with external contractors providing services and deliverables for anchoring and mooring design, engineering, equipment selection, equipment siting, and metocean assessment, as appropriate and in collaboration with Oneka product managers.
Our Professional Environment and Your Future Employment Conditions:
- Office based in Halifax within an ambitious and creative team;
- Stimulating and positive environment where each day brings new challenges!
- Eligibility for the Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP);
- 100% company-paid group insurance, including dental care;
- 4 weeks of paid vacation to start;
- Rapid growth: numerous challenges and development opportunities!
You are our Floating Structure and Mooring Specialist if you possess:
- A desire to have a real impact on the future of the planet;
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering;
- Significant experience in the mooring of floating structures;
- Proficiency in French or English (as we operate in a bilingual environment);
- Mastery of computer-aided design software;
- High levels of commitment, curiosity, creativity, and rigor.
- A plus if you have :
- A passport and driver’s license (for visiting our various sites and partners).
- Being an accredited engineer.
Up for the challenge ? We can’t wait to meet you and tell you all about our project and our ambitions!