Business Development Manager
RainStick Shower is an innovative and quickly growing Canadian cleantech company that has won numerous awards including TIME’s Best Inventions of 2023 and “Best of Innovation” at CES 2022. RainStick’s technology allows people to shower with 80% less water and up to 80% energy while providing 2X the flow rate.
We are in search of a West Coast-based Business Development Manager to add to our passionate, intellectual, and intuitive team. Are you an experienced business development professional? Do you understand the building and smart home space in the US market? Are you motivated by the challenge, and do you know how to generate and convert high-quality leads to drive growth?
What you’ll be doing:
- Build an active and engaged sales pipeline through tradeshows and events, cold calling and referrals
- Develop long-lasting relationships with B2B RainStick suppliers and partners built on trust, respect, and integrity
- Work closely with the RainStick team on showcase pilot opportunities continually looking for ways to re-engage with partners
- Look for opportunities to continually generate and increase revenues
- Increase pipeline through active demand generation and targeted campaigns
- Report weekly, monthly, and annually on the $ of closed revenue attached to those opportunities
- Manage multiple customer calls, in-person and virtual meetings, and presentations daily
- Work closely with our marketing, product support and engineering teams to build content applicable to our customers and partners
- Think strategically and creatively about how we can continue to cultivate new relationships, innovate in our space, and create value for our customers
- Maintain existing relationships and business
What the first 30 days look like:
- Get acquainted with the RainStick brand, our partners, and team members
- Review our sales strategy and execution plans for the broader US West Coast market in consultation with the CEO and sales team
- Develop B2B specific content and materials, with support from Marketing
- Get acquainted with sales reporting tools according to outlined KPI’s and targets provided
- Qualify inbound lead list and work towards conversions
What the first 90 days look like:
- Prospect and qualify inbound and outbound net-new leads
- Manage the full sales cycle
- Track monthly # opportunities created and closed
- Meet with new and existing partners, begin to build long-term relationships
- Reach out to existing contacts and introduce them to RainStick
- Work closely with RainStick marketing team to develop ongoing materials as required
- Plan and attend trade shows and relevant in-person and online industry events
- Plan RainStick pilots in partnership with our executive team to boost exposure and generate new B2B customers
- Have a strong network of potential customers in the construction industry
- Background in plumbing fixtures, construction (ie. modular, off-grid) or similar industry
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required. Ideally in Business Administration or Marketing.
- At least 5 years of sales experience, with experience in business development strategy
- A willingness to learn and grow
- Experience in the building and/or smart home space
- The ability to effectively and simply communicate how RainStick works in both technical and non-technical language
- B2B experience, working in-person sales role and comfort with calling and actively reaching out
- Must possess great written and oral communication with all levels of management and with outside contacts
- CRM experience is a must!
- We are looking for someone who is highly motivated, collaborative and is coachable
- Entrepreneurial spirit and integrity
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Track record of success in a metrics-based role
Bonus points for:
- A can do attitude
- A good sense of humour
- Start-up experience
- Ability to travel to trade shows and client locations as needed, approximately 30%
Location: This position will be predominantly home-based on the West Coast of the US with priority given to California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona or New Mexico. There will be occasional travel to headquarters in Canada required.
Benefits: Flexible working and benefits package
Start Date: As soon as the right candidate is found
If you are interested or know someone who is, please apply in confidence with a cover letter and resume and tell us why you are the right fit for this role? We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusion and diversity and welcome all applicants including but not limited to: Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQIA2S+ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. If you require special accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.