Director of Sales
Transcend is a sustainability-driven water startup on a mission to transform the way engineering firms, utilities, and technology suppliers assess and design critical water infrastructure. Our software automates the preliminary engineering of water and wastewater treatment facilities, incorporating innovative and sustainable treatment technologies to ensure safe, equitable access to clean water worldwide. We’re dedicated to building the best design automation platform on the market and are seeking a Director of Sales to help us grow our business.
The Director of Sales, you will play a pivotal role in driving revenue growth, exceeding sales targets, and expanding our market share. You will be responsible for building, leading, and motivating a high performing team of inside sales representatives focused on acquiring new customers in the US water market. In this position, you will play a dual player coach role with a team and individual quota objective.
- Build and lead a high-performing inside sales team, fostering a culture of collaboration, accountability, and continuous improvement.
- Coach and mentor your team members, providing them with the skills and support they need to achieve success.
- Enforce and oversee a rigorous sales process, ensuring consistent lead generation, qualification, and conversion.
- Manage and forecast the sales pipeline, ensuring accuracy and alignment with company goals.
- Partner with marketing to develop and execute effective demand campaigns and sales enablement strategies.
- Travel approximately 30% or more to attend industry events, meet with potential customers, and support your team.
- Develop a deep understanding of our software, its benefits, and how it aligns with the needs and challenges of our target customers.
- Lead the end-to-end sales process, from prospecting and initial contact through contract negotiation and closing deals in the water sector.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including CSuite executives, sales and operational leaders, and technology suppliers.
- Follow best-in-class SaaS sales strategies and methodologies to achieve and exceed revenue targets.
- Use Hubspot CRM to manage sales activities, track pipeline, and provide accurate sales forecasts.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, competitor offerings, and market dynamics to identify new business opportunities.
- Track record of success in SaaS sales roles, with a proven ability to close complex deals involving multiple decision-makers.
- 10+ years of B2B sale and sales leadership experience.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Extensive experience coaching and developing high performing sales teams
- Demonstrated expertise in consultative selling and a strong understanding of the water and wastewater treatment sectors, power industry or complex technical SaaS solutions
- Familiarity with best-in-class SaaS sales strategies, methodologies, and tools.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear and compelling manner.
- Proficiency in using CRM software to manage sales activities and track pipeline.
- Strong networking and relationship-building skills, with the ability to establish rapport with executive-level clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Ability to travel 30% or more.
- Strong understanding of the water utility market (a plus)
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging, Equity, Accessibility
Each Transcender is authentic and united in our mission to advance critical infrastructure design. We are dedicated to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We continuously strive towards building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Transcend provides accessible accommodation during the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please tell us, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If you are a self-motivated and results-driven individual who is passionate about building a business, then we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity by sending your resume to email@example.com
We offer a competitive salary, bonus, and benefits package, along with opportunities for career growth and development.
Please read our Privacy Statement: https://www.transcendinfra.com/privacy-policy/
Location: Remote (North America)
Benefits: Competitive compensation and full benefits package