Business Operations Associate
BUSINESS OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE: UPWELL WATER
|| UPWELL WATER LLC || SAN FRANCISCO, CA || WWW.WATER.LLC ||
Opportunity: Upwell Water
Upwell Water is the leading tech-enabled water resource and infrastructure company and one of the fastest-growing companies in a $1 trillion market serving one of our most precious resources. We own operating and new-build water supply, treatment, and management assets. We strive toward our mission, to ensure a sustainable water future, by eliminating capital barriers to the adoption of water solutions. As recently featured in the Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, and more, we expect to deploy $1 billion near-term.
Highlights of Responsibilities
You will join a small team responsible for an existing portfolio of assets as well as a multi-billion dollar pipeline of opportunities. You will enjoy meaningful responsibility in a learning environment with a team of highly successful executives.
• You will be responsible for a wide array of operational initiatives, such as: business development, office management, internal reporting and operations, scheduling and coordinating meetings, managing our transaction pipeline, various admin and human resources initiatives, managing vendors, financial back office matters, researching new market opportunities, and generally supporting the CEO and senior team to do what’s needed to grow the enterprise.
• The role may ultimately grow, for the right candidate, into either an operations role in one of our platforms, or an investing role on our deal team.
Requirements and Ingredients for Success
• College degree from a top-tier school is required, MBA or JD is a plus but not required.
• Personality and presence to run meetings. Fun, high-energy, positive attitude, able to do anything and above nothing.
• Ideally, the right fit candidate will have experience as an investment banker, management consultant from a top-tier firm (e.g. McKinsey, BCG, Bain), or a buy-side investment firm (e.g. real asset, project, infrastructure, hedge fund, or private equity or credit investing. We also welcome candidates from top-tier law firms with backgrounds in project finance or M&A, or developers of water or renewable energy assets.
• Prior experience in water is not required.
Location, Compensation, and Application
San Francisco onsite. Compensation will include cash and equity. Please send CV to [email hidden].
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.