Sr. Associate, Associate, or Investment Analyst
Upwell Water is the leading tech-enabled water resource and infrastructure company and one of the fastest-growing companies in a $1 trillion market serving one of our most precious resources. We own operating and new-build water supply, treatment, and management assets. We strive toward our mission, to ensure a sustainable water future, by eliminating capital barriers to the adoption of water solutions. As recently featured in the Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, and more, we expect to deploy $1 billion near-term.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
You will join a small team responsible for an existing portfolio of assets as well as a multi-billion dollar pipeline of opportunities. You will enjoy meaningful responsibility in a learning environment with a team of highly successful executives. Examples:
• Contributing to the investment and underwriting of our transactions, including due diligence, financial modeling, legal review, documentation, negotiation, presenting, and deal execution.
• Sourcing opportunities to purchase or finance assets. That might include marketing initiatives, developing technology to find owners of water or treatment plants in need of our solutions, and more.
• External business development, internal reporting and operations, scheduling and coordinating meetings, managing our transaction pipeline, various admin initiatives, researching new market opportunities, and generally doing what’s needed to grow the enterprise.
Requirements and Ingredients for Success:
• Experience at a top-tier real asset investing, project or infrastructure finance, hedge fund, private equity fund, or investment bank. Representative backgrounds could include project finance, renewable energy finance, hedge fund investing in related assets or sectors, private equity or direct lending, or lease and equipment finance. You should have some experience modeling in Excel, and a sense for what is good value. We also welcome candidates from top-tier law firms with backgrounds in project finance legal work, developers of water or renewable energy assets, or top tier strategy consulting firms (e.g. McKinsey, BCG, Bain).
• College degree from a top-tier school is required, MBA or JD is a plus but not required.
• Prior experience in water is not required.
• Personality: Personality and presence to lead a transaction and run calls and meetings. Fun, high-energy, positive attitude, able to do anything and above nothing.
Location: San Francisco strongly preferred. Under certain conditions, we may consider other locations, but please only apply if you are in or willing to be in San Francisco.
Compensation and How to Apply
Compensation will include cash (the job posting is all-in cash) and carried interest. Please send CV to [email hidden].
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.