Desalination/Distillation Process Engineer
Become an integral part of Desolenator's mission to create a sustainable future by joining our team as a Process Engineer. Leverage your technical knowledge and inventive thinking to develop cutting-edge desalination solutions that address global water challenges.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
· Design,calculate, and specify process engineering requirements for our desalination technologies.
· Develop and take responsibility for the accuracy of detailed calculations, process engineering datasheets and drawings to specify the process engineering requirements of our technologies
· Prepare steady state & dynamic simulations of the process flow diagrams.
· Prepare process related documentation for Concept or FEED studies; including process simulations, Heat& Material balance, Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), Piping & Instrumentation diagrams (PIDs) and system descriptions
· Sizing and specification of process equipment.
· Participate in design reviews, technical due-diligence, and process-related reviews
· Assist in preparation of proposals as and when needed
· Capability to develop a bespoke concept design for a new plant based on specific input data
· To havea clear understanding of the project requirements as they relate to scope, cost and schedule.
· Assist in the conceptual and technological selections for new desalination plants (including pretreatment configuration, MED arrangement, equipment redundancy level, plant operation parameters, seawater intake and brine outfall arrangement, remineralization technology, etc.)
· Resolve design and development challenges with creative and logical problem-solving.
What you should bring to the team:
In this role you will benefit from expertise in the fundamentals ofwater desalination and experience in designing thermal desalination plants aswell as pre-treating seawater fordesalination. Other relevant experiences include chemical distillationprocesses as well as the design of distillation plants.
- B.Tech or B.Eng in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering
- 5-8 years- working experience in a similar role within the industry of which at least 5 years in the desalination water treatment field is advantageous and/or designing chemical distillation processes and plants
- Experience in engineering design from conceptual ideas to implementation
- Possess strong communication and soft skills and be able to function independently with minimal supervision or as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Current knowledge of industry, best practices or regulatory standards, regulations and codes pertinent to Desalination.
- Experience as a process design engineer of small/medium desalination plants/distillation plants with proficiency in P&IDs /PFD preparation, process calculation, solar energy and intermittent energy, MED selection, calculations related to water such as pH,hardness, alkalinity etc and chemical dosages is advantageous
- Understanding of process safety best practice (HAZID, HAZOP, DSEAR etc.) is advantageous
What you can expect from us:
We are a small team working on an innovation that we believe will bring water to a thirsty world and change the outlook for those most in need.
Enjoy a mission-driven and enthusiastic work culture with lots of freedom in the way you organize your work.
Combine state-of-the art engineering with the potential to change the world.
As part of competitive remuneration, receive a bonus plan similar to stock options called Stock Appreciation Rights (SARs).
At Desolenator, we're committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive. We believe that our differences make us stronger, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life.
If you're passionate about making a difference and have the technical expertise to succeed in thisrole, we want to hear from you!
Please send us your CV and a short paragraph answering the following questions:
- What excites you about Desolenator’s mission?
- How have you demonstrated your success in engineering design and project implementation in previous roles, and can you provide examples?
- What process-related documentation have you created in the past, and what software and tools do you typically use for these tasks?